Old versionsSee all
Dr. DivX is a cosmetic surgeon for your video collection. The doctor takes almost any frumpy old video file you have laying around and converts it into a sharp, lean mass of multimedia joy.
There are lots of reasons why everyone clamors for a library of DivX video files:
- Due to all the poorly crafted codecs and players out there, lots of videos don't play very well. Dr. DivX can usually convert those to high quality versions that play back very smoothly and reliably.
- Watch your videos on any computer! DivX compatible players are available on a wide variety of platforms including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Palm OS, and Pocket PC.
- Watch your videos on the go! With the right software, lots of mobile devices can play DivX video files including many cell phones and PDAs.
- Watch your videos on your TV! There are many, surprisingly affordable DVD players on the market that easily connect to your television and playback DivX videos superbly. Just copy your DivX videos to a CD, DVD, memory card, or USB drive.
- DivX files support features like multiple audio tracks, subtitles, chaptering, and interactive menus just like you find on a snazzy DVD.
- Able to convert most input files Dr. DivX can convert most input files including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VOB, AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, AVISynth scripts to DivX.
- Uses available DivX encoder If you install a new version of the DivX encoder, Dr. DivX automatically uses it for encoding.
- Tweak encode settings If required, encode settings can be manually configured for optimal output.
- Generates DivX files which are playable on DivX certified players Since Dr. DivX respects DivX certification constraints, all files generated by the application are guaranteed to playback on DivX certified hardware players.
- Watch folders Monitor user specified folders to automatically convert newly added files using configured output profile.
- Supports multiple audio tracks Convert multiple audio tracks using different encoder settings for each track. MP3, MP3 Surround and AC-3 are supported output audio formats.
- Supports multiple subtitle tracks in VOB input Convert DVD subtitle tracks to DivX XSUB subtitle tracks.
- Automatically configures encode settings for requested quality level User needs to choose only the required quality level, the application does the rest.
- Include MP3 surround encoder Dr. DivX can encode your multi-channels 5.1 audio and video sources to MP3 surround, MP3 surround is backward compatible with “Normal” MP3 while preserving the full 5.1 channel separation. You will need to use the DivX player 6.4 to take advantage of 5.1 audio decoding.
- Automatically configures encode settings for requested output file size User needs to choose only the required output file size, the application does the rest.
- Create and load custom profiles Manage encoding settings using custom profiles.
- Preview video crop and resize settings Real-time updations of video based on user specified crop and resize values.
- Batch control Re-order, Re-configure and Remove encodes from the batch.
- Audio track preview Playback input audio tracks to confirm correct selection for encode.
- Track information tagging Tag audio and subtitle tracks with descriptive information.
- Pause and resume encodes Resume from paused encode stage.
- Post encode plugins Add and configure plugins which will run after an encode has successfully finished.
- CLI version of application for scripting Use the CLI version of application for automated batch encodes.